PROTECTING GOD’S CHILDREN
At Divine Infant Jesus School, we are committed to the protection of all children. This means that we comply totally with the policies of the Archdiocese of Chicago and the USCCB Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People.
Specifically, every employee and every volunteer who has contact with minors at Divine Infant School and Parish is required to complete the following:
- Complete the Archdiocese on-line application at www.archchicago.org under “Protecting Children”.
- Attend the Virtus/Protecting God’s Children training program
- Stay current with on-going training at virtusonline.org
- Read, sign, and comply with the Archdiocesan Code of Conduct
- Read, sign, and return to the school a CANTS form to submit to a background investigation by the Department of Children and Family Services Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System (signed yearly)
To learn more about the above, please use the link before to visit the Archdiocese of Chicago webpage Protecting Children.
The Office for the Protection of Children and Youth and the State of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services have come to an agreement that allows employees/volunteers who are mandated reporters with the Archdiocese of Chicago to take the Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse: Training for Mandated Reporters ONLINE. The changes to the website will allow us to directly track employees/volunteers from the Archdiocese taking the training.
Persons planning to take the online training need to be prepared for the following:
- To spend at least 60 minutes to complete the training (you cannot exit and return).
- The computer used for the training must be connected to a printer that will print the certificate at the completion of the training (you cannot exit and return). (ONLY computer-generated certificates will be accepted)
- The computer used for the training must be equipped with speakers or headsets to allow you to hear the audio.
- Employees must have their employee ID number, which can be found on a paycheck stub.
The direct link to the Mandated Reporter Training is: